Annunciation Endowment Fund
Like all gifts that benefit Annunciation/ Evangelismos Greek Orthodox Church, endowed gifts to the church contribute to its growth, to ministry creation, and its service to others fulfilling the Gospel of Christ. Endowments are particularly powerful because they deliver a dependable, perpetual source of funding to the ministries of Christ you care about most and that our Lord commands us, in the Holy Scriptures, to fulfill. Your gift to establish an endowment is an investment in the future – an eternal investment - one that affects the salvation of each spiritual life in our church family and of those our ministries serve.
The Annunciation / Evangelismos Greek Orthodox Church Endowment Fund aims to provide for the long-term financial support and stability of our church’s programs, ministries, and missions consistent with the Holy Scriptures and the Orthodox Christian Tradition, to witness to the Orthodox Faith, and to serve others.
What is an Endowment Fund?
An Endowment Fund is composed of restricted funds given as individual bequests and gifts through such giving vehicles as wills, trusts, retirements or estate plans, life insurance, charitable lead or remainder trusts, gift annuities, cash, or real estate. Endowed funds are unique in that the total amount of the gift is invested and remains intact. The investment income, then, becomes a financial resource for Annunciation / Evangelismos to use. Each year, a percentage of the endowment fund’s income is distributed to benefit the mission of the Fund. In this respect, an endowment is intended to be a perpetual gift.
Why Should I Give to the Annunciation / Evangelismos Endowment Fund?
Giving through accumulated, inherited, and appreciated resources are considered “asset stewardship.” As Orthodox Christian faithful, we are encouraged to offer from our accumulated resources and wealth during our life and after death. The Endowment Fund is a way for stewards to make a perpetual gift to the church from their lifetime accumulated resources. Knowing that your gift will grow with sound investment and spending practices, endowed funds:
- Help create and grow the programs, ministries, and missions of the church
- Provide the assurance we need to recruit and maintain a staff that ministry and church growth necessitate
- Leave a perpetual and enduring Legacy of Faith to the church
- Honor and memorialize your faithful family or loved-one
- Protect your estate and legacy
- Reduce your income and/or estate taxes – ask your tax accountant or financial advisor how
The Different Ways of Planned Giving
- Wills and Bequests - Leave a lasting legacy by adding the Endowment Fund as a beneficiary to your will - most common method
- Life Insurance policy - You can gift an existing policy your family no longer needs or a new policy naming the Fund as a beneficiary
- Cash, Stocks, Bonds, Real Estate or other assets
- Charitable Remainder Trust
To Learn More about the Annunciation / Evangelismos Endowment Fund
Please call the church office, (215) 635-0316, and one of the Endowment Fund committee members will call you back. The directors are Jim Verros, Jim Trivelis, Demetrios Hatzopoulos, John Gilliland, Mitch Papakirk, Dean Dalson, and Father John Johns.