- We are a ministry helping local people in need.
- Supply a local food pantry (feed 300+ families) on a monthly basis.
- Periodically prepare cooked meals for a local large meal delivery program.
- Organize and distribute donated gifts to needy children and families in the community as part of our “Angel Tree” campaign during the holiday season.
Participation and Contact Persons:
- Watch for Mathew 25 Ministry notifications through the Weekly Bulletin and “Sign-Up Genius” to donate food and funds.
- Participate! We always welcome volunteer hands to join and help deliver to the pantry, prepare meals, and identify community needs.
- Feel free to contact any of the Mathew 25 Ministry members to learn more about how you can become involved in this important humanitarian effort: Virginia Koutsouros, Angie McCulloch, Sophia Penning, Lisa Trivelis, Zaffie Zoubroulis.
- Please visit the Matthew 25 Ministry Facebook page for further information, updates, photos, and vignettes of the people we are serving.
The Time Has Come! 40 Day Lenten Project
Monday March 11th is the first day of our lenten spiritual journey to Pascha. As Archbishop Demetrios reminds us*, “the Lenten season is a time for enhancing our relationships not only with Christ, but also with others from all walks of life.” We are given many opportunities during this season to pray, worship, gain insight into our own behaviors, and intensify our efforts to serve the needs of others.
With this in mind, we ask you to consider selecting non-perishable food items from your home pantry or local grocery store and putting them into the bag that we have provided to you during Great Lent. You can place your lovingly filled bag into one of the bins labeled Matthew 25 in the church hall. These goods will be delivered to the Seeds of Hope Food Pantry.
Food items to be collected can be anything from a box of pasta, a jar of pasta sauce, a container of peanut butter or jelly, a package of flour or sugar, or as simple as a can of soup, vegetables, beans, or tuna or a bag of dried beans, a package of crackers, a granola bar, etc.
If you are more comfortable purchasing in bulk from warehouses, feel free to donate food items that way. It is up to you to choose how and what you would like to share. Any non-perishable food item is welcome as long as it is commercially pre-packaged and individually wrapped.
Collect any amount that you are comfortable donating. All donations are happily accepted no matter how big or small. Items can be delivered to the bins at church at any time during Great Lent. Matthew 25 will be delivering your items to Seeds of Hope on the following dates during Great Lent: March 12 and April 9. We will also be delivering on April 30, after Pascha. Please reach out to the Matthew 25 Ministry for additional bags, if needed.
This year the Greek School and JOY programs are participating in the 40 Day Lenten Project by assembling and distributing the bags. A big THANK YOU to all in advance for your participation and donations.
The Matthew 25 Ministry,
Spring 2019 Update
Warm greetings from Matthew 25! We hope 2019 is treating everyone well so far. As a church family, we brought much joy to many families over the holiday season and we received notes of thanks from individuals who couldn’t believe the kindness and generosity given to them from complete strangers. We hope that this spirit of giving will continue throughout this year.
January, February, and March are generally very difficult months for the food pantry. People assume that their holiday donations will carry the pantry over for months but unfortunately shelves become bare and funds get depleted very quickly. Matthew 25 will continue to make monthly deliveries over the winter. Please see the schedule below. Consider donating gift cards, checks, and/or items like peanut butter, cereal, pasta sauce, pasta, soup, and anything else that can fill up and warm bellies on cold days. Click on the Sign-Up Genius above for additional ideas and seasonal updates.
We are so thankful to all of you for all that you do! Thank you for giving Annunciation the opportunity to change lives and fight hunger throughout the year. God bless you this New Year and always!
Activities Through May:
February 12: M25 Delivery to Seeds of Hope
March 10: 40 Day Lenten Project Begins
March 12: M25 Delivery to Seeds of Hope
April 9: M25 Delivery to Seeds of Hope (focus on meat items)
April 30: Final 40 Day Lenten Project Delivery to Seeds of Hope
May 21: M25 Delivery to Seeds of Hope