Our Parish Council
Led by our Priest, the Parish Council is the body of practicing Orthodox Christians in good standing, sacramentally, with the Church. They are elected by the members of our parish for the purpose of working together with the priest in fulfilling the goals and needs of our parish. This brief description of the local governing body also describes the fundamental structure of the Orthodox Church. That is we, as clergy and laity together, are the "People of God" seeking to fulfill the mission entrusted to us by our Lord God and Savior Jesus Christ to the best of our human abilities.
To know and uphold the sacred tenets of Holy Scripture and the teachings and traditions of the Greek Orthodox faith.
To know and abide by the Uniform Parish Regulations as set forth by the Greek Orthodox Archdiocese of America through its biennial Clergy-Laity Congresses.
To live and uphold the oath of office by utilizing our God-given talents and energies for the spiritual progress and advancement of our parish in the mission entrusted to us by our Lord God and Savior Jesus Christ.
The members of the Parish Council are elected every December for a two year term.
We meet on the third Tuesday of every month, 7PM at church.
The 2019 Parish Council:
Rev. Fr. John L. Johns, Presiding Priest
Cathy Avgiris, Parish Council President
- February 25, 2019 Parish Assembly Invitation
- 2018 Annual Report
- October 29, 2018 Parish Assembly Invitation
- November 18, 2017, Regional Parish Council Seminar
- October 23, 2017, Parish Assembly Invitation
- February 27, 2017, Parish Assembly Invitation
- Proposed Updated Parish Bylaws for Approval at Our February 27, 2017 Parish Assembly
- Uniform Parish Regulations of the Greek Orthodox Archdiocese of America